Sunday, March 23, 2014

Boston Training Week 3

   Week 3 went really well as far as I am concerned.  I only had 1 day of hard running all week and only made it to the gym once for yoga but still boosted the mileage up considerably, almost 20 miles since last week.  Also, my fastest run was one of the fastest all year - another thing to be grateful for.  It definitely wasn't easy and after 2 miles i didn't think i would be able to go sub 6:00 let alone in the low 5:40s, so I am getting in better shape yet.

   I'm not sure how many more high mileage weeks I can run before Boston - as a tax preparer, I'll be super busy the last couple weeks of tax season.  I worked a couple other jobs this week though and worked 48 hours between the 2, so I'm happy with the mileage during a higher-than-normal work week.  It's good practice for time management to say the least.  Not sure how much I will be working since I'm with a new company this year, but I know that it'll be crazy and I'll really have to deal with time management as April 15th will be here shortly and there may be a couple days I can barely run.

   Ideally, I would like to run slightly less mileage this next week, but still over 100 miles and 2-3 faster runs rather than only 1.  Then increase the mileage one last time maxing out close to 120ish miles, with 2 weeks left of training for the marathon.  I felt really good after that run and really wasn't sore at all later on in the day or the next day even.  That's always a great sign for me that I'm not really over training and my body is adjusting,

Boston Training week 3 of 7:

M - 14.05 mi @ 8:13/mi
T - 14.5 mi @ 8:25/mi
      13.4 mi @ 8:43/mi
W - 7 mi @ 8:09/mi
     - yoga 1 hr
T - 7.1 mi @ 7:05/mi
      4 mi @ 6:00/mi - progressive run - 6:25 6:09 5:43 5:41
F - 8.4 mi @ 8:23/mi
S - 17.1 mi @ 7:54/mi
S - 12.45 mi @ 7:53/mi
   - 16 mi @ 8:19/mi

Total = 114 mi @ 8:06/mi

 
   This picture looked quite different before I uploaded it.  It's from last night's bonfire.  I had a lot of fun but was exhausted and crashed right when i got home last night.  Good thing too cause I ran a lot today.  This was one huge fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews